Who: Michael Glassco, ROHT
What: Indoor air quality in China: A discussion of status and differences between China and Canada.
When: Tuesday, February 20, 2018
7:30 -8:00 am Registration, buffet breakfast
8:00 - 9:00 am Presentation
Where: Ricky’s Country Restaurant, 2350 Boundary Road, Burnaby, BC
Why: Have breakfast, network with your peers, and learn something about Indoor Air in China!
Cost: $20 for ASHRAE/IAQA members, $25 for non-members (cheque made out to “IAQA Vancouver” or cash at door)
Michael will discuss his recent experiences in China where he provided indoor air quality training. This training was provided to commercial real estate managers in Shanghai and Beijing. He will highlight some of the differences between Canada and China in the types of investigations and the recommended control measures. Additionally, he will discuss the challenges facing those that manage buildings.
Michael Glassco is President of Sterling IAQ Consultants Ltd. and has been providing consulting services in the areas of indoor air quality, mould, hazardous materials (asbestos), occupational hygiene and occupational health and safety field for over 28 years during which time he has managed and been responsible for hundreds of different projects across Canada and internationally.
Professional Development Credits:
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH): 1 technical contact hour
- Certified Public Health Inspector (CPHI): Apply for 1 professional development hours (PDHs)
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP): This event contains 1 technical hour and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points. See BCRSP website at www.bcrsp.ca for CM point criteria.
- One Renewal Credit per contact hour from the American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC). Visit www.acac.org for more information on its recertifying procedures.
- Members of other organization can apply for credit. Please visit the websites below:
- American Institute of Architects (AIA, www.aia.org)
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI, www.ashi.org)
- American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE, www.asse.org)
- Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP, www.bcsp.org)
- Institute of Hazardous Materials Management (IHMM, www.ihmm.org)
- Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC, www.iicrc.org)
- International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI), www.nachi.org) National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA, www.nadca.com)
- National Association of Home Inspectors (NAHI, www.nahi.org)
- Restoration Industry Association (RIA, http://www.restorationindustry.org/